A tempting target for an ambush, but not to be underestimated, the Harvester focuses its time and energy on gathering resources and fuel from its surroundings. Oftentimes escorted by fellow machines, it will not shy away from defending itself if threatened, doing all it can to ensure that it walks away unharmed.
Will periodically scan for nearby enemies (least sensitive detection of all machines), and if it detects you close enough it will use its legs to emit a shock wave that deals large amounts of damage to you and can send you flying.
At longer ranges, it will use the Missile Pods pod to hurl rockets at you and anybody else nearby.
The Military, FNIX, and Apocalypse variants will emit toxic gas that covers a large radius around it if a player gets too close; this can make using items like fuel canisters dangerous. It will also try to get close to you to emit gas if its missile pods are destroyed.
The Harvester, when provoked, will spawn 1-4 Hunters of the same class.
Prototype: 1 Hunter
Military: 2-3 Hunters (1 Sniper Hunter Included)
FNIX: 3-4 Hunters (1 Sniper Hunter Included)
Apocalypse: 4 Hunters
So a Prototype Harvester curl up to use its armor plates on its legs to protect its main body, emit a series of three repetitive horns (you will recognize it is different from its normal noises), and call for Prototype Hunters for backup. The Hunters will fall from the sky in pods, and attack the player. This makes the higher classes, such as FNIX and Apocalypse, more dangerous. This means the Harvesters are now in-line or higher than the Tanks in difficulty, especially if the Harvester isn't taken out fast enough.
Weak Points (Incomplete)
- The center pod has weak points near the center, on each side of the drill.
- The eyes that make up the "head" hanging off the main body is a critical point, but damaging this component would lower chances for Vision Modules.
- The Missile Pod on a Harvester's back should be one of the first things any player should attempt to attack. Destroying it will render the Harvester unable to fire its missiles and deal a decent amount of damage to the machine.
- Below the Missile Pod on the backside is a set of three fuel cells. Destroying each one will do a considerable amount of damage to the machine and potentially destroy lesser machines like Runners, should they be too close.
- The Harvester's forelegs have Concussion Pads (Prototype) and Neurotoxin Dispensers (Military and FNIX) which can be shot off to disable their concussion blast and gas attacks, respectively. Both components on each leg must be destroyed to disable the attacks.
Damn it, I should know better by now. Always expect the unexpected and above all else, never trust the slow machines. There is always something up with them. First, it was the gigantic heavily armed and armoured Tank, nearly killing our entire group. Then there was that hovering Seeker that seemed harmless and ended up getting us surrounded by enemies.
This time it was this massive four-legged machine that we stumbled upon in the main square of a village we were passing through. Standing with heavily plated legs on either side of a flipped car, the machine was using what looked like an enormous drill to extract something from the vehicle. We quickly realized it must be a Harvester of some kind, collecting fuel and other resources from its surroundings. In short, a perfect target for an ambush.
Alright, so we were reckless and desperate, but in our defence, we didn’t expect the blasted thing to be armed. As we started trying to wear it down with bullets two things dawned on us - the machine was heavily armoured, and it was able to defend itself. In fact, it slowly turned around and launched rockets at us. Rockets! Needless to say, we hightailed out of there as fast as our legs would carry us. Such a rookie move, we can't afford these kinds of mistakes anymore. Always expect the unexpected, and never waste resources on an improvised ambush. Next time, we will come with a battle plan.